In response to my recent annual medical check up report which stated that my bad cholesterol is just above the threshold, I’ve decided to embark on a morning healthy eating regime comprising of nothing but oats – Instant Quaker Oats (red packet) to be more precise. Actually I’ve been eating instant oats almost every morning for the past 10 years and it can be said that I have successfully acquired a taste for this sort of breakfast meal. Ask me to eat it for lunch and dinner and I’ll say “HELL NO!!!”.
Preparation is quite simple.
- Add 4 – 5 table spoons of instant oats into a bowl
- Add one teaspoon of sweetened milk
- Add boiling hot water and wait for the oats to “break up”
- Stir continuously until it you reached a smooth consistency of whipped cream
- Add raisins for additional taste.
Looks kinda appetising eh ? 😉